Providence University College & Seminary
- Why Providence?: Why would a prospective student choose Providence University College? Ask our alumni. They’re working at tech start-ups in Germany, embassies in Eastern Europe, TESOL placements in Southeast Asia, missions agencies in East Africa and addictions services right here in Manitoba. We like to flip the question: “Why not Providence?”
- Local features: Ours is a rural campus, overlooked by our iconic bell tower and nestled against a river. It’s picturesque and contemplative. It’s also just 30 minutes from Winnipeg—the Manitoba capital and a hotbed of arts, cuisine, boutique shopping and nightlife. Smaller, nearby communities such as Steinbach and St-Pierre-Jolys offer the basic, day-to-day necessities that residence students require.
- Community Culture: The Providence campus is international, consisting of students representing 30 countries and 60 languages. Last year Guard.Me (an international education insurance provider) formally commended how we meet the needs of our international students. All students living in residence benefit from a mentorship-oriented community and a Christian culture that learns, grows and worships together.
- Program Highlights: We’re one of the few Canadian institutions that offer’s a degree program in Aviation. This year we’ve also launched a Bachelor of Science in a new, state-of-the art facility. Our Bachelor of Business Administration continues to be extremely popular. And our Psychology, Sociology, and Communications & Media programs provide important education for contemporary marketplaces as well.
- Practicums & Internships: When terms such as “post-truth” and “fake news” start being tossed about a program such as Communications & Media becomes extremely important. All Providence C&M majors put their classroom education to use in workplace settings. Providence Business students also gain hands-on experience from operating campus businesses and larger initiatives such as an e-waste recycling program.
- Extracurricular Activities: There is always something fun happening at Providence! Residence life includes game nights, film festivals, bonfires, and the opportunity for mentorship. We also encourage returning students to engage in student leadership. One of our most popular activities is our annual Welcome Week. In recent year’s we’ve welcomed The City Harmonic, Scribe, and The Color on campus for free concerts!
- Athletics: The Providence Pilots varsity basketball, volleyball, soccer, and futsal teams compete throughout North. This past November our men’s and women’s soccer squads competed at the NCCAA National Championship in South Carolina. This winter our basketball teams will participate in a bracket-style tournament in Missouri. Of course, all students are welcome to participate in intramural hockey, floor hockey and ultimate Frisbee.
- Mission Experience: All Providence students participate in what we call “field education”: volunteer service placements in churches and convalescent homes, with addictions services and at thrift shops. We want our graduates to be equipped to think, live and serve as Christians in society. Additionally, students attending our Mile Two Discipleship School serve regularly in local missions settings and travel to Israel each February.
- Career Expectations: Providence graduates have used their education to work in business, the media, social services, government, and church ministry. Through our new Bachelor of Science, current and new Providence students can complete their prerequisites for advanced entry into medicine, nursing, pharmacy and rehabilitation sciences. Bachelor of Business Administration grads can follow their dreams into business management, entrepreneurship and graduate studies. Pilots from our Aviation program can fly commercially or for missions organizations all over the world.
10. Next Steps: Can you picture yourself at Providence? Visit PROV.ca to learn more about our programs, about residence life at Providence and about our faculty, staff, and alumni. You can also call 1-800-668-7768 to speak with Chase, Justin, Jenny, or Dustin. Why consider Providence? Ask yourself—“Why Not?”
TOP 3 PROGRAMS: